Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What vitamins I take

What vitamins I take 28 Nov 2006 14:29 #3318

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I get many questions regarding what I take as well as recommendations and why it's important not to go overboard on some vitamins, even if they are water soluble. Here's something I posted a while back that I think answers some elements of why more isn't necessarily better and in some cases detrimental.

I take 500-600mg of calcium plus 1,000-2,000 IU's vitamin D a day, depending on the amount of calcium source foods I eat and the season (I take a total of 3,000 IU's of D3 in the winter months because I live in Iowa). Being lactose intolerant as well as dairy sensitive, and avoiding dairy, it's a good idea to supplement. I also take a flaxseed capsule along with an occasional fish oil capsule when I'm not eating fish. If I remember to grind up whole flaxseed, I'll sprinkle it on my oatmeal or in soup.

I also walk 2-3 miles everyday which takes about 35-45 minutes. I also take my dogs with me for exercise with occasional stops to visit other neighbors and children.

I follow the Cycle Diet base plan especially during the luteal phase. I take long baths in the winter or sit in my hot tub in the evening before bed, this really improves my sleep, soothes muscles and brings on sweat that help remove toxins from the body. I will occasionally use Epsom salts in my bath for the magnesium. I take a daily multi-vitamin at ovulation and luteal phase. My diet is pretty good most of the time except when I vacation.

I like USP approved brands of vitamins and minerals. This insures that the laboratories, where they're manufactured, have been inspected. They also verify the vitamin levels match the amounts they say on the label.

Tell us which supplements, vitamin and minerals you take.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds