Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: read that there is a link between craving gluten foods and c

read that there is a link between craving gluten foods and c 06 Oct 2010 01:16 #4017

• Kat
  • Kat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I read online (I know, not the best source!) that persons who are intolerant to gluten may crave foods high in gluten as well as alcohol. Any merit to this statement

Thanks!

ps- got a celiac test and am awaiting results (expected Monday!). Tried gluten free for a week and just jumped back into my normal routine. What a difference!!

Kat.

read that there is a link between craving gluten foods and c 06 Oct 2010 03:50 #4018

• Kat
  • Kat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
[user=797]Kat[/user] wrote:

Hi,

I read online (I know, not the best source!) that persons who are intolerant to gluten may crave foods high in gluten as well as alcohol. Any merit to this statement

Thanks!

Well, yes this may be true. It's common to see strong cravings in foods that may be problematic. Studies of picky eaters and children with autism point to strong cravings of dairy and bread (wheat). Scientific studies are sketchy regarding food addictions but there are many research articles regarding the connection between a permeable gut and alcoholism. The theory is gluten is the cause of the gut permeability which may lead to alcoholism in predisposed people. We understand gluten intolerance is genetic and gluten sensitivity runs along family lines...but then again so does alcoholism. I also have clients who don't tolerate alcohol at all and understand they need to avoid it.  I always recommend avoiding all alcohol during the luteal phase if you're having PMS symptoms.

ps- got a celiac test and am awaiting results (expected Monday!). Tried gluten free for a week and just jumped back into my normal routine. What a difference!!

Kat.

Excellent....When you say "what a difference" you don't mention the differences??

Just curious as to what your 1 week GF experience went.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds