Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stopping BC

Stopping BC 28 Jul 2010 15:59 #4025

• albertagirl
  • albertagirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I stopped taking Yasmin 2 months ago and have not had a normal cycle yet. I am wondering where I should begin the cycle diet. (What stage)
My last period was on the 28th of June, and I know for a fact that I am not pregnant.
My last blood work showed that I am not peri-menopausal, or menopausal. Prior to taking the BC pills I had a very regular cycle.
(After starting Yasmin, I was experiencing severe leg cramps, night sweats, problems sleeping through the night, heart flutters, extreme irritability and absolutely no sex drive.) Because of the amount of exercise I do, I opted to go off the bc pills.
When I asked my dr. about the lack of sex drive, she said it was normal and that 45% of women go through this.
Since I have alway had major problems with pms, and after taking and stopping the bc pill. I am hoping to find some solace through this program.
I am starting to feel like I am going nuts. It's put a huge strain on my marriage and life in general.

Stopping BC 28 Jul 2010 16:36 #4026

• albertagirl
  • albertagirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Alberta-girl...welcome to the Cycle Diet.

There are a few theories about why women don't do well with oral contraception while some others do. Here's mine; if you had PMS symptoms prior to going on the pill and symptoms continued to progressively get worse than there's more going on with you than just common everyday PMS.

A balanced diet can help those who are do not have an underlying food sensitivity or an undiagnosed autoimmune condition. However, if your PMS symptoms are caused by malabsorption or a possible food sensitivity (also- delayed food allergies) then matters continue to worsen. The hormone load from the OC just makes a mineral or B vit deficient woman (calcium, magnesium, zinc, and others) more deficient thus exacerbating the problem. What the added hormone load from the pill ends up creating is a continual luteal phase without the roller-coaster effect.

So to answer your question, when do you start the diet plan when you don't know what phase you're actually in, I usually say start with the luteal phase plan until you start your period. Your body is adjusting back to the lower levels and may take a few months to straighten out. It also takes a few months on the diet to notice significant results so be patient.

Now let me ask you a couple questions. (questions i always ask)

1) Do you have a family history of autoimmune disease or possibly an IBS/IBD or family history of celiac (intolerance to wheat, rye and barley) which is also an autoimmune disease. I'm finding women who do not improve on the original Cycle Diet- are more than likely suffering from an underlying delayed food allergy/intolerance causing malabsorption and/or intestinal inflammation.

2) I also ask if anyone in the family suffers from digestive issues....do you suffer from digestive issues...constipation or diarrhea? These are signs that your body is having a problem with your foods. (usually dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs, or soy)

Malabsorption is hardly ever looked for in women who suffer from PMDD. Depression and the emotional symptoms are also clear signs of malabsorption of B vitamins and many of the minerals it takes to cycle normally.

3) Does osteoporosis run on either side of your family? Talk with your mother and ask. A calcium, magnesium, zinc, and other trace mineral deficiency may be the problem.
If any of this sounds familiar to you then I would advise you to talk with your Primary physican and ask for a Celiac blood panel, if he/she refuses to do the test then order the stool test through http://www.enterolab.com (you don't need a doctor's order) However Enterolab can not give you a diagnosis for Celiac disease, only a possible indication of a gluten or other food sensitivity.

4) How about your most recent labs, were they all normal or did you have a problem with iron, thyroid or liver enzymes? these are also red flags to malabsorption and/or a possible gluten sensitivity.

5) Any restless legs? Any joint pain? Tingling hands? All red flags for gluten.

Your symptoms

(After starting Yasmin, I was experiencing severe leg cramps, (mineral problem) night sweats, (hormone prob) problems sleeping through the night (related to folate, b vitamins), heart flutters (also mineral deficiency), extreme irritability and absolutely no sex drive.) Because of the amount of exercise I do, I opted to go off the bc pills.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds