Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question

Question 08 Dec 2010 19:13 #4046

• AnneMarie09
  • AnneMarie09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My question with this diet is regarding soy? Ive read that soy may cause problems with your thyroid and can cause too much estrogen?! Is there something else I can subsititue for soy or is the soy that is said to aid relief in PMDD?!

Question 08 Dec 2010 21:38 #4047

• AnneMarie09
  • AnneMarie09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Anne Marie,

Soy is one of those foods that IF you have an intolerance or sensitivity to, you need to avoid it. There are many different substitutes, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, even hemp milk is available. Soy happens to also be one of the top 8 food allergens. If you have an adverse reaction to it...hives, or a headache you may want to stay away from it.

The best way to know of course is to test for a soy sensitivity or eliminate it completely for at least 3 or 4 days and then eat or drink it and watch for a reaction. If it's a delayed allergy or what is really a "sensitivity" then you will want to avoid it. Ordering the enterolab.com fecal test may also help you to know if you are actually having an immune response to it.

A true IgE allergy to soy would be tested by an Allergist MD who normally tests for anaphylactic food allergies through either a skin RAST test or CAP test. You would know if you were allergic to soy because it an immediate reaction.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds