Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: including juices in the diet

including juices in the diet 14 Mar 2011 23:08 #4048

• iarute
  • iarute's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi! I came across your website today for the first time and have been captivated by the wealth of information for the last 2 hours!:) One question I have is about drinks. It looks like you recommend sticking to water or weak :? ice tea. I was a little bit surprised not to see juices (fruit or vegetable) included on the list. Is there a reason why? Are there certain types of juices you would recommend?

Thank you,

Iryna

including juices in the diet 15 Mar 2011 04:39 #4049

• iarute
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Iryna,

Juices are okay in small quantities (4oz) if you like but I recommend eating the whole fruit like orange, grape, or apple instead. Eating the whole fruit gives you the benefit of extra fiber, nutrients (skin) and enzymes not usually found in juices. You may also find added sugar or HFCS in many commercial juices. Not all juice are created equal, some producers add food color, preservatives and artificial flavors. Read the label and ingredient lists. The same applies to vegetable juices, and in that case you usually find added sodium, especially in tomato juice. But if you like to juice your own fruits and vegetables no problem, just make sure you add back some of the fiber.

You might like blending whole fruits and vegetables into smoothies in order to get a wide range of nutrients not found in juice alone. I like vita-mix blenders or a powerful blender that can handle whole fruits and vegetables.

I recommend weak tea because some women have a problem with caffeine, so if caffeine isn't a problem then make your tea as strong as you like. :)

Good luck with the diet and let me know if you have any other questions. 

including juices in the diet 15 Mar 2011 16:51 #4050

• iarute
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for your reply, Debra! I can certainly understand the reasoning behind eating fresh fruit rather than drinking juices. I guess I've always looked at it in a hierarchical way, i.e. eating fruit is ideal, but if you can't do that (or have enough of them), then the next best thing is to drink close-to-pure juices--in a similar way that vitamins and nutrients should ideally come from food, but if we don't get a sufficient amount from that source, we can take multivitamin or flaxseed oil caplets as the second best source (but better than none at all).

Thank you again for your help! I'll pay better attention to the ingredients when I buy juices and try to drink OJ with pulp :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds