Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toxic Wheat

Toxic Wheat 21 Feb 2015 15:49 #10141

• RoseMay
  • RoseMay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Debra,

I wanted to ask you if you've read about how some wheat farmers are desecrating wheat with Roundup prior to harvesting? Do you think this could be the reason why I am no longer able to tolerate gluten/wheat? I really want to try eating a different kind of wheat or maybe an organic wheat to see if I may be able to handle it.

What do you think?

Toxic Wheat 03 Mar 2015 18:14 #10149

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Update: It turns out that wheat farmers are spraying wheat and other grains pre-harvest with glyphosate, also known as RoundUp. Glyphosate is toxic to gut bacteria! Please, if you are going to eat wheat, oats, or any grain, make sure it's ORGANIC.

So sorry I'm now just seeing this Rose.

Yes, I've heard/read about the pre-harvest roundup spraying ,and can only hope it's not true. If it is true it could be a real problem. Some of the things I've read is that it would be very expensive for the wheat farmers to do this. I can see farmers doing this to clear a field of perennial wheat, but not the kind that needs to be planted every year.

The only thing I can say about trying other kinds of wheat or organic wheat is that you may want to find a time during your follicle phase to do a challenge and watch for any kind of reaction. If you find that you have any kind of reaction, make a note of it. Eliminate all wheat again and then re-challange. If you have the same reaction with an ancient wheat you know it's the wheat/gluten.

Good luck with the challenge and be sure to let me know how you do.

Toxic Wheat 13 May 2015 14:46 #10204

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I found this article quite interesting:

Oat Buyers says No Glyphosate Pre-harvest
www.producer.com/2015/04/oat-buyer-says-...phosate-pre-harvest/

Spraying glyphosate, also known as RoundUp, on pre-harvest oats could be a reason why so many (celiac) people cannot tolerate oats, even though they're naturally gluten-free.

Take home message? If you are going to purchase oats, make sure they're organic and Gluten-free.

Toxic Wheat 03 Jan 2016 15:54 #10375

• fanbrits
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:blink: omg my fav food
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds