Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many symptoms of hypothyroidism may mimic PMS or PMDD. Articles and helpful information. This forum is open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to increase my Synthroid?

Time to increase my Synthroid? 04 Mar 2009 21:35 #734

• bethie44
  • bethie44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My energy level for the past couple of weeks has been extremely low. At first, I just thought I was tired out and depressed because of the death and illness in my family. Then it occurred to me that it might be time to adjust my thyroid medication. I am probably about 6 months overdue for my lab work (I know that's bad, but I just get tired of it). Anyway, I scheduled an appointment for my blood work and to see my doctor, but I couldn't get in to see her until April 1. Is there any way I can feel better in the mean time (I've been very good with my nutrition and exercise)? What if its not my thyroid- then what?

Time to increase my Synthroid? 05 Mar 2009 12:53 #735

• bethie44
  • bethie44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Beth,

Many times gluten sensitivity accompanies a hypothyroid. You may want to ask your doctor to test you for Celiac disease, especially if there are first degree relatives with Celiac disease in your family. A negative result for Celiac does  not rule out a non-celiac gluten sensistivity. I would then suggest you do the stool test through http://www.enterolab.com for gluten and dairy.

Have you read through these research articles?

One more article for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds