Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dairy-Free Whipped Cream

Dairy-Free Whipped Cream 23 Jul 2011 22:21 #4629

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I stumbled on to this great Youtube blog... The Chef and Dietitian

Hit this link whipped cream to view video it's fun

Here's the recipe:

Pear Creme Anglais
  • 1 28 oz jar pears in own juice
  • 1/3 cup raw cashews or macadamin nuts
  • 1 Tbls alcohol free vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp xantham gum
note: I would drop the xantham gum to 1/2 teaspoon personally or substitute 1 TBLS of chia seeds as a thickener and allow an hour or so to thicken in the refrigerator.
Drain Pears, reserve juice for later use. In blender, blend pears until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until incorporated--chill. Serve over fresh fruit dessert.

See the next link for the strawberry dessert in the glass. 

A follow-up to Episode 24 "Balsamic Strawberries," Chef AJ takes it to the next level when she turns pears into a light, sweet, whole food whipped cream! This elegant dessert will fancify any meal and impress your guests...

Dairy-Free Whipped Cream 08 Apr 2018 21:11 #11103

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I really like this recipe for anyone who is dairy-free and missing their whipped cream, or cream in general. I only hesitate a little about the latest research on xantham gum being irritating to some people. I might suggest a substitute of a tablespoon of chia seeds instead, as a thickener. The only problem then would be the actual seed appearance in the cream in a presentation. The health benefits would multiply with the sub of the chia seeds instead of the xantham gum.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds