Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Articles and related links about the time before menopause when hormones can become unbalanced. This forum is open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Provera Ortho Lo

Provera Ortho Lo 13 Nov 2008 00:40 #748

• Southernexposure
  • Southernexposure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi doing great on the cycle diet and feeling great.

I missed my period and did pregnancy tests and was not pregnant. My doc prescribed Provera for 10 days but within 5 I got my period so I quit taking it. That was last Monday that the period arrived, so I was prescribed Ortho Lo to regulate my period, started on Sunday. I'm looking into getting the Minera IUD since I don't like taking hormones.. can you tell me more about these things???  My breasts are a little tender but I pretty much feel the same.

Provera Ortho Lo 13 Nov 2008 01:30 #747

• Southernexposure
  • Southernexposure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi SE,

Great to hear from you....

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm not a fan either of oral contraceptives for period regulation, especially in women with a gluten intolerance or any kind of autoimmune condition.  And I do believe the Minera IUD  contains a wee bit of hormone as well.

If you're looking for contraception I think the IUD might be the way to go over the pill. However you might want to talk with other women who have the Minera for specific side effects. If you're looking for Peri-menopause relief from non-ovulation than you might look into bio-identical progesterone.

I'm so glad you're doing well on the Cycle Diet :dude: As far as tender breasts go, it could be residual effects of the bcp or you might be getting too many saturated fats. Are you still taking the omega 3? or fish oil? These help balance the pain prostaglandins. Cut down on the saturated fats and increase the omega 3's and you should notice a big difference.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds