Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feeling Good! Thank You

Feeling Good! Thank You 08 Sep 2014 19:09 #10037

• RoseMay
  • RoseMay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Debra,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank YOU! I am feeling so much better after following your advice for the last 3 months. I was a bit skeptical when I first spoke with you several months ago. As I told you, I have tried so many different things in the past with little affect, herbals, progesterone, paleo, even veganism, to an extent. And yes, you were right about my beloved ice cream habit, which I still miss by the way. I had no idea dairy could be so hard to give up and casein and whey seemed to be in everything I was eating. My acne has even cleared up. (This is me jumping up and down) My husband is very happy that I'm feeling better too, he's taking me for another holiday next weekend without the kids. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I also lost 10 pounds!

Thanks for all your help, I will be recommending everyone I know to the cyclediet.com website. (((Hugs)))

RMK

Feeling Good! Thank You 09 Sep 2014 19:10 #10038

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Hello Rose May,

I am very happy to hear you are doing much better. That darn ice cream is hard to give up isn't it. Now that you are feeling better why not try a non-dairy ice cream when your cravings get out of hand? Yes, you will need to be careful about all the added sugar and not so gut friendly food additives, like carageenan, found in many non-dairy products. I do like this list from the Cornicopia.org www.cornucopia.org/shopping-guide-to-avo...ds-with-carrageenan/

You can also make your own nut whipped creams as a ice cream substitute controlling the sugar. Here's a fun non-dairy recipe for you www.cyclediet.com/forum/more-recipes-ok-...y-free-whipped-cream

Please come back occasionally and let me know how you do in the long-term. The Cycle Diet is not a short-term plan but a way of life. You can choose to continue on your path to health and wellness or return to old habits. It's up to you. Oh, and congratulations on your 10 pound weight-loss!

Many blessing to you and your family.

Debra
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoseMay

Feeling Good! Thank You 17 Sep 2014 16:46 #10045

• RoseMay
  • RoseMay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you so much Debra,

I will take a look at that list and try to avoid carrageenan. I've wondered about some of the additives in my almond milk. What are your opinions on the locust bean gum or gellan gum?

Feeling Good! Thank You 02 Aug 2015 09:03 #10282

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Well, I'm just now seeing your questions Rose May, I apologize.

Locust bean gum is fine, no need to worry about it. Locust bean is made from the carob seed and used as an thickening agent. There are a few rat studies showing no evidence of any toxic effects. It's becoming more popular as large food companies are taking carrageenan out of products and replacing it with locust bean.

Gellan gum may be a different issue however, it's made by bacteria fermentation and has been shown to have varying results from rat studies with intestinal disturbances. I wouldn't panic, but make sure if you ever see this ingredient in a product you watch for any rapid motility in your GI tract. I would then think it best to avoid.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds