Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: CAZ's Story

CAZ's Story 28 Oct 2006 09:05 #2388

• CAZ
  • CAZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I wanted to let everyone know that right before I found Debra's site I had decided to quit my job because things just got too stressful for me. I felt strongly that I needed some kind of help with my PMS symptoms or else I'd keep going from job to job and never be able to get along with anyone. 

The night before I was going to put my 2 weeks notice in I spoke to Debra and saw that there could be hope for me if I follow The Cycye Diet plan and also remove Gluten from my diet. Although I thought there might be an answer for me, I still felt strongly about quitting my current job so I could really concentrate on the diet and myself so I gave my employer my resignation that very next day!

Since being on The Cycle Diet and speaking to Debra I not only felt better physically but also emotionally and I am like a new person!! I have also contacted many doctors and I am actively researching whether I have Celiacs Disease. Along with my search my doctors have found that I have cysts (or Lesions) on my liver and they are doing what they can to determine if my condition is more serious. Although I am a little scared about their findings, if it weren't for Debra and this website, I never would have known these cysts existed and maybe, if it is serious, maybe it won't be as "fatal", (for lack of a better word) as it could be since I am catching it now. I will hopefully know something more by the end of this next week 11/3 (I HOPE!!!)

I am telling this story for 2 reasons, firstly because I have so much belief in Debra and this website that I actually even wrote to The Oprah Whinfrey show to try to get them to look at her site and do a show on Celiacs Disease to make people, patients who are currently suffereing, AND DOCTORS, aware of this disease! Oprah is the most influential person I know and I feel it is imperative for more people to know about this disease so when they speak to their doctors they will be more informed and either ask or insist that they get the best care! Also, many babies who are too young to speak and tell us why they are feeling bad are suffering from symptoms but most parents aren't aware that the fussiness could be attributed to Celiacs disease and an ALLERGY TO GLUTEN. This is something the parenst could control if they knew about it and both the parents and the baby would be much happier and healthier!

Thank you all for listening and if you believe in this website and Debra as much as I do, please go to Oprah's website and write in that this would be a great idea for one of her shows!!!

Sincerely,
L

CAZ's Story 28 Oct 2006 14:36 #2389

• CAZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
L, - OPRAH? Oh my gosh....:D

I doubt they'll be interested in my little website, however I'm very glad you wrote about Celiac and Gluten Intolerance. The people over at Celiac.com have been trying to get a show about Celiac for years with little success. Dr. Peter Green was interviewed by Dr. Oz on his satellite radio program a short while ago....maybe they think that's enough. I too sent Dr. Oz an e-mail via Oprah's website asking if he'd touch on it as a topic.

I agree we need to create as much awareness as possible regarding gluten intolerance and the problems associated with it. I however, am finding more undiagnosed gluten sensitivity, more on the lower end of the gluten intol spectrum in women with PMDD.

Typically the first doctor women go to about PMS/PMDD, as you know from your own experience- is an OBGYN, or possibly a psychiatrist. Most OBGYN's are unaware of the adverse affects Celiac disease and gluten sensitivity can have on hormones, and fertility health due to malabsorption. Some feel it's out of their scope of practice so they refer on to a psychiatrist or psychologist. It seems many OBGYN's are over scheduled and under stress due to sky-rocking malpractice insurance rates so the only thing they know to do is write a script for the pill or antidepressants. It's rather sad these days, OBGYN's are shrinking in numbers due to high practice costs.

I so appreciate your confidence in me and this website and I wish you all the best in your Avon sales success- I'll take a look at your web link.

CAZ's Story 14 Dec 2009 22:37 #2390

• CAZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I just receive this Private Message from L, she wanted me to post it here for her.

Thank you L...please feel free to hit reply and give an update on your health.

DEBRA,

YOU HELPED ME A FEW YEARS AGO AND I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT YOU. I JUST TOLD SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAS AN 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO TESTED POSITIVE FOR CELIACS AND IS GOING THROUGH A TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW. I HOPE THEY VISIT YOUR SITE!!!  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH THIS SITE AND LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE YOUARE HELPING!!!!!!!  AMAZING!!!!!!

I STARTED USING THIS SITE WHEN THERE WAS LESS THAN 200 PEOPLE SIGNED UP AND WOW, LOOK AT HOW MANY NOW! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND ALL YOU DO FOR EVERYONE ELSE. FEEL FREE TO POST THIS SO OTHERS CAN SEE IT. I AM NEVER SURE HOW TO DO THAT. I AM USING A DIFFERENT USERNAME IN CASE YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT.

BEST WISHES AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

L

P.S. L...

We only have one more season to make Oprah happen :D Lot's of Luck lol...Just Kidding...

CAZ's Story 19 Dec 2009 14:59 #2391

• CAZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That's very :cool:!

Recently, Dr. Oz had a segment on his TV show about Celiac Disease and the GF diet . He had Dr. Peter Green, Elizabeth Hasselbeck on as guests. ask.doctoroz.com/search?query=celiac

Awareness is growing, both publicly and medically. It's not as fast as it should be, but it's moving forward.

I too want to offer up some praise for Debra. Sadly many dietitians and nutritionist don't have a good handle on the Gluten Sensitivity Spectrum* or the extent that gluten negatively affects the body - Debra does. She's taken the time and effort to gain this knowledge and understanding. Because of this understanding she has been able to do wonderful things!

Well done Debra, keep up the great work!

*Includes Celiac Disease, Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Dermatitis Herpetiformis.

CAZ's Story 08 Jan 2010 12:30 #2392

• CAZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
You are so kind Al, Thank You.

I may also add here if anyone is looking to find an excellent Celiac/Gluten intolerance support board check out the link at the bottom of Al's signature.

I see more and more dietitians educating themselves on Celiac disease and gluten sensitivity. Yes these things take time and hopefully sooner or later primary care physicians and mental health practitioners will understand what to look for in people who present with a wide variety of symptoms and recommend nutrition therapy instead of pharmaceuticals. The only cure for gluten intolerance or a food sensitivity is elimination of that food for life to avoid ill health. And thankfully we've experienced an increasing awareness in the last few years. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that a better assay or blood test is developed to confirm and diagnose non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds