Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turtle's Journey - results!

Turtle's Journey - results! 07 Jan 2009 17:53 #2448

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes! This eating-plan works.

I was skeptic when I decided to try the Cycle Diet. You can  read my intro here and see.

Debra's claim that it would eliminate PMS/PMDD symptoms was something I really didn't think could happen. But 3 months later and I am honestly symptom free. I expect to wake up every day feeling good. And on days I don't feel good, I expect to feel better tomorrow. This will be the way I eat for the rest of my life.

I began the cycle diet in the middle of my cycle (the beginning of the luteal phase), and felt a difference immediately. I gave up dairy after 3 days, which made following the diet a little tougher, but I managed. That very first week I was flying high. I couldn't believe how good I felt. I couldn't remember the last time I felt that good.
The diet made a difference in just those two weeks reducing symptoms to really manageable. After over a year of trying to manage extreme emotional symptoms, these minor symptoms were like a gift. I was a believer. I had complete faith I could follow the eating plan through 8 more weeks, if the payout was feeling like this.

Not only did I notice a huge change in how I felt and my optimism, people around me noticed to. My energy changed. I was laughing when things got tough. When I felt bad, I started pushing toward feeling better, not spiraling into a fight or depression. I believe I can stick with things. I have follow-through. I feel lighter. I feel motivated.

You are what you eat. You really are. If you want to be better, you have to eat to be better. Eating this way will help you do that.

Give it a shot, if you really stick to the rules, you can figure out what foods hurt you.

Mine are alcohol and dairy. And I'll be honest, it really stinks that I can't have a glass of wine or pizza. But one glass of wine is rarely worth a week of my life - because that is the cost for me, an entire week of feeling miserable and depressed. Dairy doesn't just give me gas, but costs me two weeks every month and makes me a nightmare to be with. I much prefer keeping my body balanced and living my life.

I'm a believer. And I want to shout at the rooftops that if you have food that makes you feel sick after you eat it, stop. Your life will open up in so many ways that you cannot imagine. You have so much power and control in making change happen in your life, just by choosing to eat differently.

You can do it.
Turtle

PS. My emotional symptoms were so bad, that if fixing my diet didn't work, I was going to consider going back on an SSRI like Zoloft. After 12 weeks eating this way, I no longer feel that I need to go on an SSRI. Wouldn't think of it.

Turtle's Journey - results! 07 Jan 2009 20:54 #2449

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Turtle,

What a wonderful testimonial! Yes, it seems a lot of women are skeptics at first, how could a food sensitivity (dairy in your case) be the cause of such extreme mood problems women suffer in the luteal phase? As I always say, the proof is in the diet and stool tests. I know you did the diet on your own without testing but if your results are good enough, than no one can argue it.

So good for you, I'm extremely happy you came back to let us all know how well you're doing. Now hopefully women will read your success story and think, why not me!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds