Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: More Success

More Success 25 Feb 2009 00:42 #2450

• RMM
  • RMM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

I just wanted to thank you again for helping me to practically eliminate my PMS symptoms ( and eat a bit healthier).  I used to suffer from PMS symptoms for almost 2 weeks each month.  I went to countless doctors who recommended the pill, diuretics, eliminating caffeine and peanut butter.  None of this worked. 

I have been working with Debra (via internet and phone) since about June 2008 and she recommended the Cycle Diet and after a week asked that I try not eating gluten for a few days.  I experienced a terrible headache that lasted a week each time I either eliminated gluten or added it back into my diet.  It was explained to me that these were almost like withdrawal symptoms.  I then went to my GP & GI and tested a 20% possiblity of being positive genetically for celiac.  I then had an upper endoscopy done that came back negative.  After much debate and hearing from my doctor that eating gluten was ok, I decided to remain off the gluten.  I had been on and off it for about 6 months while all of this testing occured.  I have now been consitently off of gluten for about 2 months, eat more fruits and vegetables and generally healthier snacks.  I probably have a tiny bit of gluten that sneaks into my diet in restaurants but never pasta or bread. 

It's definitely been a long journey but amazingly worth it since I am no longer suffering from my awful PMS symptoms.  As I told Debra, being off gluten is a small price to pay for practically no symptoms.  Debra has been very patient and persistent with me even with my initial skepticism given that my doctors could not find anything medically that showed a gluten sensitivity or intolerance. 

More Success 25 Feb 2009 01:51 #2451

• RMM
  • RMM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you so much for your success story Robyn, :)

It's been a real pleasure to work with you via the phone and internet. I find the most skeptical women actually make the best clients because once they understand certain foods are toxic to their bodies and in your case it was gluten then they become strong believers. The trade-off then becomes a no-brainer and staying with the dietary changes for their health and well being isn't as inconvenient as giving up half the month. So congratulations for sticking with the diet even when your doctors said you were okay to eat gluten. You knew better.

I hope you continue to come back and encourage other women to search for their own food sensitivities, not to give up and keep at it. It took a while for you to believe but I think you'll find a whole new life of "normal".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds