Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: E-mail update from Mom of 3

E-mail update from Mom of 3 23 Nov 2009 15:48 #2461

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
For those of you who have been following "Mom of 3" inside the blogs forum you'll be happy to know she's doing great! I just received this e-mail from her .

Thanks V for your enthusiasm and plug on Holistic Moms

DEB!!!

I have been meaning to write you forever! Thank you for reaching out to me. I am doing GREAT! The PMDD is gone and the past two cycles I have only had mild PMS for maybe 2 days. I know it's coming because I start eating more, get tired and bit more cranky--but not nearly as moody as I had been or sad, or tense or anything. It is amazing! I plan on staying GF/DF Cycle Diet for life. We are going to Disney World in January for vacation and I have already made reservations and alerted the staff to my allergies. I did a bunch of research and apparently Disney is great about food allergies, etc. The chef's will come meet with you etc. And at least I won't be stuffing my face! I started working out some more too. I am down about 10 lbs too. 

My family is supportive too. I still cook other whole grains for them, but they love quinoa and brown rice so that makes it easy. I am finding myself more and more vegetarian--with a bit of seafood. I do a lot of vegan dishes actually. I try to make sure my kids eat organic/hormone/antibiotic free meats/cheese too. We don't buy milk anymore. The kids drink unsweetened soy milk here and there and i will use almond milk or coconut milk (not the canned stuff but the stuff in the ",milk" cartons) in smoothies. The more I read about dairy the more I shy away. But the kids love yogurt so we buy organic. I am still not comfy doing everything soy for them. 

Would it be ok if I mention you and your site at my next Holistic Mom's Network meeting? Or post the site on the board? I really think so many women could benefit from your work. I know I feel like a new person. 

Otherwise, life is busy with the kiddies!! My 4 year old will sometimes ask me if something is "gwuten fwee" (he has trouble with r's!) LOL! It cracks me up. Or he asks if something has dairy. Really cute.

Hope all is well!!! 

V [/size][/font][/size][/font]

E-mail update from Mom of 3 06 Dec 2009 12:45 #2462

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
This was Mom of 3's introduction:

Mom of 3's introduction from June 16, 2009

Hi ladies,

I am new to the forum and am excited to "meet" others who are on this journey.  I am a stay-at-home mom of three kids. A 4 year old and 2 year old twins. I have a long history of pmdd, endometriosis, unexplained infertility (we were blessed with our children via ivf), post partum despression/anxiety. Basically, I am a hormonal roller coaster! I work with a psychiatrist for therapy too which has been very helpful. PPD after the twins was rough.  I am trying to get the PMDD under control because it takes over half my month and is awful for everyone around me. 

This program really spoke to me because I have a huge interest in nutrition and food. 

Thanks for listening!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds