Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A new season a new me....

A new season a new me.... 22 Oct 2011 19:54 #2475

• LK
  • LK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Debra,

I just love the arrival of Autumn. I love the cool mornings and the brisk afternoons. The pumpkins bring a smile to my face and apple season and craft/festival season is in full gear. It reminds me of great childhood memories and the time when I fell in love with my husband. We are all getting ready to embark on Holiday season and reasons to celebrate.

In July 2011, I knew it was my time to help myself. Having PMDD and not knowing how to gain control of my health was something I just found excuses for my symptoms and behavior. When I started my discussion and food blog back in July, I remember feeling overwhelmed with all the new knowledge I was learning. I felt a responsibility looming over me each day, to actually care and notice what I was consuming and how I was treating my body.  I was learning that self discipline was in fact self love. I didn't need any cheerleaders or coaches because you Debra were enough. The cycle diet has been and continues to be my own personal victory in my quest to quiet and calm my symptoms. Debra your devotion and passion to help women who suffer is a true testament in your day to day teachings and shared knowledge.  I don't look at the cycle diet as a miracle or a cure but rather as a tool that I can use to remind myself to treat myself well, eat well and feel well. I must say, I did have a set back after I concluded my food blog back in September. I was going through some family stress and then eventually being the sole care taker for my husband after his hip surgery a couple of weeks ago. I have been sailing along for some time and then the boat started to rock. I made sure to stick to the diet as best as I can during this difficult time, however I felt myself go, once my symptoms starting showing up again. I knew from just a few weeks ago that without the true devotion to my own health then I will see myself unravel into a not so pretty place. I'm up again and conscious of my choices and self health.

Thank you for bringing all the tiny parts into a clear and vivid picture for me to see. I'm still GF and DF and plan on staying this way until I'm certain that I can take a challenge and see exactly what the results tell me. For now, I'm comfortable in my decision and want to take things real slow.  With this new season, I look forward to celebrating my renewal of health. I'm at a much better place than a year ago. Thank you for being there for me. I will continue to ask some questions and pop up from time to time with some updates.

~ I'm now taking supplements for my iron to up my Ferritin levels and hoping that this iron issue is the link with my hair shedding and low energy level. Time will tell.~

Be well. All ways.

LK

A new season a new me.... 22 Oct 2011 20:36 #2476

• LK
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi LK,

THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the Cycle Diet. And thank you for coming back and giving an update on how things are going with you & your family. I'm so sorry your husband is having problems, I sure hope he's doing better. You bring up a very good point...stress. Stress can be a negative factor in wellness. Stress puts additional challenges in you path but it sure sounds like you've found your way back, so good for you!

The gluten-free and dairy-free lifestyle can be tough but if you need to be both GF/DF it's doable. I'm always here if you need anything.

Congratulations on winning the struggle to wellbeing. :)

A new season a new me.... 25 Nov 2011 09:37 #2477

• LK
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Your story is really amazing and inspiring! You've been through a lot. I am really glad that you did it and there's someone whose helping you. I've been reading here in this forum and I can see Debra really helps everyone!

Keep it up! :)

Learn the most effective " Jeet Kune Do Techniques"

A new season a new me.... 25 Nov 2011 19:39 #2478

• LK
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you so much Jeetkun! I wish you well with your journey!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds